All companies owe their success to their clients. The have a duty to fulfill their expectations. As the business world becomes more and more competitive, sometimes this means that extra resources need to be hired to meet all deadlines.
We can separate possible ways of action into three main categories:
- Staff augmentation.
- A mix of the previous two.
Fundamental questionsThese three questions are the best way to determine which approach is best. Simple yet essential, they can help you clear the path forward:
- What are the project's goals and deadlines?
- Which areas of your own team can be improved?
- What would be the best way to join efforts between your own staff and other workers? In other words, how can you promote collaboration instead of competitiveness between them?
Outsourcing, a traditional way to incorporate talentsFor IT or software development projects to be successful, companies tend to assess their own staff as well as their abilities. This way, they can learn which extra resources will be needed. Hiring a specialized provider is the most common solution to needs such as:
- Having specialists in certain fields.
- Adding human resources for certain tasks.
- Quickly solving a problem without having to hire new employees.
8 advantages of staff augmentation over outsourcing
Advantages of staff augmentationWhy does staff augmentation appear as an improved, more and more popular option?
- It is an efficient and inexpensive solution.
- It allows you to incorporate temporary workers to provide assistance as needed.
- It adds particular specialists to the team just for as long as they're needed.
- It lets you have members join or leave the team depending on the progress of the project.
- It helps you avoid hiring full-time employees and risking any legal issues related.
- It is highly regarded by long-term employees because it helps them meet deadlines faster and make fewer mistakes.
- It improves productivity by making a smarter use of time and economic resources.
- You won't need to train the whole team when the need for new proceedings arises.
As a project moves forward, some stages might require outsourcing jobs to a team that will work separately. The goal is to help the company's employees by allowing each team to focus on their own work.
During other stages of IT development, it may be best to choose staff augmentation, as it might be better to have a professional with specific knowledge join you.
In any case, the most important point is to ensure the trustworthiness of the partner you hire. Checking out their previous work for other companies is a good way to make sure that they have experience on the matter and they can offer responsible and productive solutions.Additionally, it is essential to be transparent with your own employees. All three modalities can give rise to concern among long-term employees regarding their work situation. Why is the company outsourcing work or turning to staff augmentation? You must explain to them that their job security is not at risk. You are simply trying to respond to specific work demands that could not be satisfied without additional support.
OpenDev Pro has vast experience in providing staff augmentation services. Contact us to receive a proposal tailored to your needs. Together, we can quickly and easily find the best professionals for you.