Any company that intends to focus on flexibility and the search for talented professionals must take into consideration these 3 reasons to adopt staff augmentation in the future.
This service will continue to expand in coming years. It allows companies to increase their productivity
thanks to the addition of new professionals who possess skills supplementary to those of the preexisting team
and who only join them for specific projects.
Recently, staff augmentation has seen significant growth due to several reasons, such as flexibility and team scalability. Additional staff acts as an extension of permanent staff and, thus, are not part of the company's payroll.
A growing demand
Several studies have shown how difficult it is to hire talent specialized in software development and IT:
- Open positions in these fields tend to take longer periods of time to be covered.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in the fields of computer and information technologies is expected to grow by 13% between 2020 and 2030 in that country, which is more than the average of all other professions.
- This means that there will be a growing demand of staff to cover those positions, which will benefit the people who go into related training courses.
- The largest companies will probably take the lead, offering the best salaries and positions.
Staff augmentation demand in IT: why is it and will continue to be so high?
- Mainly, because small and medium-sized companies have a hard time solving the issue of lack of available talent. These organizations are the ones that try to connect with high quality talent through staff augmentation.
- Working with remote teams is no longer a foreign concept to anyone. It is a phenomenon that has grown significantly during the pandemic.
The challenge of finding trained professionals
In IT, finding fit professionals is a difficult task which gets even harder when the profile needed calls for certain specific skills. For example, an expert in a particular kind of technology or programming language.
Fast technological development in all kinds of industries and organizations adds another complication. Finding specialized software developers is not easy at all. However, through staff augmentation, it is possible to hire professionals who possess the desired knowledge and who are ready to join any project.
A growing trend
On that basis, we could list the following 3 reasons
why companies will continue to use staff augmentation services in the future.
- Effective integration with internal teams: workers hired through staff augmentation complete their tasks coordinately with long-term employees.
- Long experience and unique talents: a partner specialized in staff augmentation should take care of the whole incorporation process for any necessary workers with the skills the company requires.
- Scalability adaptation: staff augmentation enables companies to be more flexible. Professionals can join or leave the team depending on each project's requirements.
Beyond these advantages, it is important to consider some challenges that arise from incorporating professionals through staff augmentation:
- Internal cohesion: adding a remote team can complicate the development of a sense of unity and shared purpose.
- Communication problems: if in-house employees and new workers live in different time zones, the latter might not always be available to answer in real time.
- Language barriers: if external professionals do not speak the same language as the in-house team, misunderstandings and delays might be unavoidable.
The best way to prevent these issues is by turning to a highly competent partner. It will provide you with experts who are ready to work:
- in the same time zone as your own team;
- proficiently in your language;
- and quickly adapt to any situation.
OpenDev Pro knows how to select the best talents. We are staff augmentation specialists and connect companies with professional experts in IT and software development.